Wednesday, March 29, 2006

From a friend's blog.

I lifted this from a friend's blog because she quite succinctly sums up what I think most of us are afraid of. She is a Second Lieutenant just starting Primary at Whiting Field in Pensacola, so she's about a month behind me. We became friends during IFS which she did just after me.

I am excited at the prospect of learning my trade while at the same time wrought with angst at the very thought of screwing it up. I know that I will mess up on flights and will undoubtedly perform maneuvers in a manner which my instructor will cause my instructor to question my parentage. This is not what I fear. What enervates me is the thought that this is my one shot at achieving my dream. However, I know me. I've managed to accomplish everything to which I've ever set my mind and full extent of determination. I'm not going to break that record anytime soon.

- 2nd Lt Eileen Donovan


One of my instructors said once that as student naval aviators we are so alike in how we think that it is scary. We were chosen because of the way we think; the Navy saw to it through testing and the selection process that they selected people who think the way we do so that we have the intelligence, determination, and ability to complete the hardest school the military has to offer.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?